CT car show

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: CT car show
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:20:36 -0400
Carl,
Sorry to hear about your dilema. I know that if you were traveling with
the BMCNE group we would have all stopped to help. Of course all the MG
folks would have to take a razzing from the Triumph contingent for an MG
breaking down. Sorry I missed you (and everybody else from the list) at
the show. It was a very nice location and I plan on going back next year.

Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com

On Wed, 07 Jun 2000 21:36:27 -0400 Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
writes:
> Stuart J. Ross wrote:
> >
> > Here's a story about inconsiderate people NOT offering help.
>
>   This weekend my very commonsensical wife suggested we stay with a
> large group of cars going to a brit car show in Ct instead of just
> puttering along at our own pace which we find more relaxing. Our
> engine
> is still rather young and being that I was daring enough to do the
> rebuild myself taking along a 15 car insurance policy sounded like a
> good idea. One of the people involved was even nice enough to lend
> us a
> spare radio to stay in contact. While driving through the communtiy
> where the show was being held the car just gave up powered forward
> motion. I was able to radio to the group that I was breaking down
> three
> times before getting the response "we copy, we copy" and then the
> entire
> group drove out of range.
<snip>