Re: Oil filter

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, derex39@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Oil filter
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 17:50:14 GMT
Glad you cleared up the information on the holes that you puncture in the
filter, in the archive it was not that clear where to do it.

Here is a potentially useless question, but for those who have opinions on
cosmetic alterations here goes...

I have purchased a aluminum (non-crossflow) head to replace the cracked
original one and have been thinking about polishing it out(the exterior).
Does anyone have an idea how difficult this might be?  I was thinking of
buying a dremel (or aircompressor attachment, ideas?) and some aluminum
polishing attachments (if there such a thing) and having a go.  Are there
advantages to polished vs cast aluminum on the exterior, ease of
maintenance?  I also have been contemplating spraying the block high
temperature aluminum silver (acrylic enamel found at local hardware store
manufactured by DAP).  I did the oil pan as a test, looks good.  Does anyone
have pictures of a silver block, or would I be the only wanker on the list?
Pictures of other colors? Just thought I would put some light hearted
questions out there for those who have spring fever like I.  I will leave
the political question alone.

Dereck
Card carrying member of the right wing conspiracy.