RE: Polished Aluminum head (WAS: Re: Oil Filter)

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Polished Aluminum head (WAS: Re: Oil Filter)
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 18:13:14 -0400
I was always under the impression that a polished surface had less heat
transfer than a rough surface.  The exterior of the head on our cars
doesn't do much heat dissipation to the air, but it does do >>some<<.  I
don't know if the reduced heat dissipation is enough to be an issue, but
thought I'd mention it for discussion's sake.

Chris K.