Re: MGF in Clinton NJ

To: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@ptd.net>,
Subject: Re: MGF in Clinton NJ
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:09:15 -0400
It may be possible for you to import and operate a car such as the MGF in
the USA.  Given the condition that you are NOT a United States citizen.  You
are however limited to the length of time which you may operate the vehicle
for, 18 months and the fun is over.

There is a chap in San Francisco is his running around a TVR Cerbera...
which is how I became aware of it.  If you scrounge
http://www.pistonheads.com you'll find more information and pointers to the
appropriate government websites.

If you happen to be a United States citizen, and are looking for a
non-citizen to "participate" in this for you, I can volunteer myself ;-)

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net
1966 MGB -- 1974 Triumph TR-6

> The car was brought over strictly for touring the US by an English couple.
> They must export it on departure from the states.
>
> Rick
>
> "Plant, Keith Mr." wrote:
>
> > Sorry to ask a question which was answered probably days ago, but is > >
this MGF going to be a permanent resident in the States or is it just for >
> a show/tour/military-government stay?  I've been looking into how I can >
> get an MGF back to the States legally and at minimal costs but every > >
door I open is slammed shut just as fast by either high costs or an