Re: Window seals

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Window seals
From: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:17:38 -0300
I replaced mine last year and had the exact same thing happen.  There are
two things you can do: just let the car sit out in the sun for a couple of
days and it will help the seal form to it's new bend next to the window.
The other thing you can do is slide a piece of paper between the glass and
the seal and roll the window up and down, while the seal is warm.  This will
allow the window to slide past the seal without the friction of the
seal/window contact forcing the seal to bend and get pulled down into the
door.  I did this for a day and let it sit in the sun for a couple of days
and then the seal acted normally.

Mark
73 MGB GT