The British Came

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The British Came
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:09:02 -0400
I'm just in the door from MG Car Club - Long Island Centre's "The
British are Coming!!!" event. As I am the Events Chairman for this event
I'm not going to get into patting my own back. The amazing thing was the
mix of cars. This was the first time I have been to an All British event
where MG T series cars out numbered Rubber bumpered Bs and equaled the
number of Chrome Bumpered Bs on the Field. There were 15 MG Ts on the
field. Total of 84 cars showed and 45 awards were presented. My son,
Adam and I were unsuccessful in defending our two year Funkhana Champion
Title. Would not be such a painful defeat if it was just one Triumph
that bested our time but two and an MGA? OUCH!

Special Thanks to Moss Motors, North American MGB Register, Jeff Zorn,
Joe Curto and The Eastern NY MGA Club for their generous donations of
raffle prizes.

List notables present were Mike Robson and Richard Boris.

It was a wonderful day filled with a fantastic mix of cars and friends.
Next stop Cleveland.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch