Re: Alternator testing.

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator testing.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:41:27 -0700
Rick Sinclair had this to say:

>Anyway, It's a little hard to work on him right now (I've decided to
>call him RC), because my Mom received an entire pickup truck load of
>sheep's wool, and decided the best place to put it was IN AND ON my
>car!! ARRRGHHHH.

Oh my, that certainly is a unique problem. At least it wasn't a truck
load of sheep-something-else...

8 )

As for the *other* problem, did you check to see if the battery actually
was discharged, using a battery tester or a voltmeter? Did the charger
indicate it was charging at a high rate? Other candidates to investigate
would be the starter, and the battery post clamps for corrosion or high
resistance.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149