Re: Burgess's rear seal

To: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Burgess's rear seal
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:36:13 GMT
To answer my own question here is the quote from Burgess's power tune book.
Page 51:

"The final variation is the crankshaft rear oil seal.  An uprated version
from Rover is available, part number LUF10002 (Sherpa van).  This has a
superior sealing lip design which goes a long way toward rectifying the
weeping rear oil seal problem that affects so many Bs.
Note if the crank has slight grovve in it, caused through contact with the
rear seal lip, always fit the new one so that it runs in that groove as
well."

Anyone use this?

Dereck