backfire

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: backfire
From: Larry Pitts <FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 02:30:42 -0700 (PDT)
Two questions for the list. As I related in my last
post "76b Lives (mostly)", my 76B exhibits some back-
firing during  engine deceleration and gear change.
I'm currently running a Lucas electronic ignition
without vaccum advance as per the manual. Advancing
the timing from 10 to 15 degrees helps some. Should I
continue to chase timing, replace the dizzy with a
advance unit, or be looking at something else? The car
has all of the smog equipment in situ and the ZS carb
has had the bypass valve in the butterfly soldered
closed.

I'll be in the Seattle area several days for business
around June 26, anything LBC happenings or junk yards
I can pilfer through in the area?

Thanks for any info,
Larry Pitts

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!