RE: Prince of Darkness strikes Brake Lights

To: rickhuber1@home.com, mgs@autox.team.net, AFHuber@aol.com
Subject: RE: Prince of Darkness strikes Brake Lights
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:18:51 -0400
Hi Rick,

As you decribed there was a clear indication a physical damaged wiring loom
part. Propably the spare tyre chafed the wires connecting to the bottom of
the trunk.
I therefore would like to opt for your approach run the loom where all
damages are and have the involved wires replaced. Have the loom better
secured out of reach of the spare tyre in the future. Although have the
spare tyre better secured so it can't move anymore. There is a special thin
for locking the spare tyre into the boot.
I recommend to use the appropiate colors here, because later troobleshooting
almost will be impossible or drive you crazy.
The red wire is the live for the licenceplate lamps, red rear lights and if
applicable the red side lights (USA only).
Using a decent electrical schematic surely will help here, although not an
absolute neccaty. (As a computer engineer I repaired a wire wrap backpanel
of a complex disk drive where one wire had been hot and so damaging about 25
other wires' insulation without using a manual nore knowing the drive @ all)

Cheers,

Hans