Re: NAMGAR Meet

To: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NAMGAR Meet
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:51:04 -0700
Edwin,

Here in the West, we started doing MG conventions in this way many years
ago. The rationale is that it allows people who live a long way from the
meet location to attend all the activities without having to take more than
one week off work. Driving to the meet can be done on the Saturday, Sunday
and Monday prior to Registration, then driving home Friday, Saturday and
Sunday after the event is finished.

When events are scheduled over weekends, the driving has to be done on
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of one week, then several days taken out of
the following week to get home.

You have to realize that many people drive many thousands of miles to attend
these national gatherings, so (a) they want more than a 2-day event when
they arrive and (b) if there is a way to minimize the impact on their annual
vacation allowance, it is appreciated.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center