CLUBS - where are they?

To: <Undisclosed.Recipients@sioux.hosts.netdirect.net.uk>
Subject: CLUBS - where are they?
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:16:23 +0100
THE HERITAGE MOTOR CENTRE
BANBURY ROAD
GAYDON
NR. WARWICK
ENGLAND CV35 0BJ

June 20, 2000

Dear Enthusiast

Our apologies in advance for 'bombing' so many lists with this request and for
the
resultant bandwidth - but your help will be appreciated.

The undersigned has recently taken full responsibility for the co-ordination of
all
marketing and promotion efforts on behalf of The Heritage Motor Centre's
interface with
classic car clubs on a global scale. One of the tasks currently in focus is to
identify as
many clubs as possible OUTSIDE the UK where we can keep you informed with
developments at
the Centre and to act as an information catalyst on a two-way basis. We already
have a
great deal of information about UK clubs but many are missing email addresses
and web
URL's. We would like to make up this shortfall.

We are anxious to establish contact with individuals throughout the world who
are able and
willing to act as 'cyber representatives' for the clubs to which they belong
and who would
be willing to forward messages from the Centre to Club committees where such
committee
members do not currently have either an email address or a web URL. Could you
be such a
person? If you do not wish to fulfil such a role, perhaps you could forward
this message
to someone you know who would be willing to contact us?

Initially, we are focussing on clubs - both national and local who cater
EXCLUSIVELY for
the following makes:

AUSTIN, AUSTIN HEALEY, LAND ROVER, MG, MINI, MORRIS, RANGE ROVER, RILEY, ROVER,
STANDARD,
TRIUMPH, VANDEN PLAS and WOLSELEY.

While internet search engines can identify many clubs, we believe a request
from us to you
is just as important - hence this message. If you belong to a club dedicated to
any of
those makes, we would like to hear from you. We require the following
information

THE FULL NAME OF THE CLUB
*EXCLUSIVE MAKE NAME* (I.E. AUSTIN HEALEY, MG, TRIUMPH)
THE NAME OF THE CYBER CONTACT
THE FULL POSTAL (snail mail) ADDRESS OF THE CYBER CONTACT
THE COUNTRY NAME IN WHICH THE CLUB IS LOCATED
A CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER
A CONTACT FAX NUMBER
A *RELIABLE* EMAIL ADDRESS
AN INTERNET WEB URL

We recognise that many enthusiasts may not live locally to a single make club
but do
belong to a MULTI-MAKE Club in which cars of the makes mentioned in the above
list are
popular. In that event, we would welcome the following information:

THE FULL NAME OF THE CLUB
*PREDOMINANT MAKES* in the CLUB (I.E. AUSTIN HEALEY, MG, TRIUMPH)
THE NAME OF THE CYBER CONTACT
THE FULL POSTAL (snail mail) ADDRESS OF THE CYBER CONTACT
THE COUNTRY NAME IN WHICH THE CLUB IS LOCATED
A CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER
A CONTACT FAX NUMBER
A *RELIABLE* EMAIL ADDRESS
AN INTERNET WEB URL

We wish to record as many clubs as possible throughout the world with
particular emphasis
being placed on clubs located on the continents of AFRICA, AUSTRALASIA, EUROPE
and NORTH
AMERICA. This is where we believe the majority of clubs are located but we will
be
delighted to have news of clubs in other locations as well.

This message will be transmitted at periodic intervals over the next few weeks.
You will
shortly be advised of my email address at Gaydon but in the meantime you are
welcome to
use my private address on this post for submitting the required details. My
colleagues and
I look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you when you next come to
England and
wish to pay us a visit at the Centre.

Yours sincerely

John Macartney
Corporate Services - Clubs and Group Visits
THE HERITAGE MOTOR CENTRE - GAYDON
http://www.heritage.org.uk