Midget Hardtop Info Needed

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget Hardtop Info Needed
From: "Michael Graziano" <mgraziano@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:33:36 -0400
Hey all.

Sorry if you get this twice.  My last post to MGS didn't seem to come back.

I just tentatively agreed to buy a factory Midget hardtop, unseen.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between hardtops?  Are they year
specific?  I have a '78.  If there are different characteristics for early
or later cars,  which characteristics do I need to look for.  THe woman I
spoke to doesn't know if there is a difference between years.

It has no dents, and original glass.  Not sure on the hardware.  I assume
the rubbers will need to be replaced.   WHat does a factory hardtop look
like.  She says it's factory,  but I want to be able to make sure.  ANyone
have pictures?  How difficult and expensive is it to find the hardware,  if
it's not there?

And what's a fair price for a factory hardtop in the above condition?

It's located in Durham NC.  I'm up here in Brooklyn.  Is there anyone local
that can take a look at it?  She won't have it for another week or so.
Someone bought it from her, thinking that it would fit a B.  He's returning
it one day next week.

Michael
'78 Midget