RE: MGB Hardtop

To: "'Mike Razor'" <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Hardtop
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:52:36 -0700
Mike:

        The middle mounting point is the only solid mechanical fastening for
the top.  I would not suggest driving the car without having some kind of
fastener there.

        The front clamps of my factory hardtop have a tendency of popping
loose when I go over bumps.  The top does come with small levers designed to
secure the front clamps when latched, but they don't work that well.  At the
very least, I'd suggest tying the top down with nylon cord if the middle top
brackets are still there.

        The mounting hardware is very simple.  An L shaped bracket on the
top, and another one that goes down to the tonneau bar mounting bracket.
Should be pretty easy to fabricate.

Kelvin.