Re: 325HP 'B' Series Motor in MGB Racer

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 325HP 'B' Series Motor in MGB Racer
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:41:28 -0700
Jeepers! What an insane ride! I can't believe the SCCA let the thing run,
period. Titanium valves, graphite pushrods, Ford rearend, 5 link rear
suspension... like to see them try to enter a vintage race now -- ha!
Brave man to take that thing on the banking with no rear spoiler -- maybe
it has ground effects? The one thing that makes that 185mph figure
remotely believable is the tiny frontal area with that nonexistent
windscreen. It may have cleaned up on Corvettes but it probably cost
twice as much to build. Huh.

Still, I suppose it is in the spirit of some of the wilder pre-war MG
racers, like the R.

Kai M. Radicke had this to say:

--

Max Heim