Around the world and that B

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Around the world and that B
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:11:30 -0700
Hi Guys
Just to clarify matters with the MGB. It was one of the few cars that did
not suffer any mechanical problems during the trip to Peking. The around the
world event consists of 3 stages and competitors could sign on for whatever
stages they wished. The first stage was London to Istanbul, the second stage
was Istanbul to Peking and the third stage was therefore Peking to London.

The total cost of this event was around $30k for the whole deal so not many
crews managed it all the way despite thier wishes. Plus the whole event
takes over 80 days, any most people have other things to attend to within
that time frame. So who can do this event? The Hunts from Team Healey for
example are retired professionals and this gives them both the time and
capital to complete such an adventure. I just wish it could have been me!
But what car would I take if I had the choice.... how about you guys?
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com