Re: OD Lube, Don't do it!

To: transmancat@bbnow.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD Lube, Don't do it!
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:42:26 EDT
In a message dated 23/06/00 8:11:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
transmancat@bbnow.net writes:

> It could be that (and it's only an idea!) the OD,s that have failed have had
>  Redline put in them because the unit was failing anyway, and this was an
>  attempt to make something work that may well have been on it's last legs at
>  that point!.

Not in the case I cited, John - it was a barnd new OD unit.
I think that the Redline is just a bit too slippery and that anything more
than sedate use of the OD unit will tend to slip the friction surfaces. In
racing use, once they slip they slip big time and burn.

Bill