Re: B transmission leak

To: "eugene faust" <ejfaust@worldnet.att.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B transmission leak
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:44:56 -0600
I have only replaced the rear seal once and the transmission was out of the
car. But I would think it should still be fairly easy to do it with
transmission in the car. Just remove the drive shaft and see if you can
still get to the bolt that holds the rear flange on the transmission. Then
remove the flange and then you can remove the seal. At anytime up to the
seal removal, you can always reverse course if it looks like you don't have
the room to do it.

However, I think it should still go smooth even under the dark and limited
space under the car. Just remember to drain the oil first.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT