Re: Hesitating/backfiring

To: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>, "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hesitating/backfiring
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:59:22 +0100
Does it right itself after a while?  Ignition component heating up with heat
soak and breaking down?  If the tach (assuming electronic) is flickering at
the same time it is an ignition LT problem.  Try clipping a timing light on
and positioning it where you can see it while driving.  Does it get erratic
at the same time?  If so, and the tach is steady, it is an ignition HT
problem.  Does pulling out the choke clear it?  If so, and the previous
tests were OK, could be a fuel problem.

PaulH.