Clutch Bell Housing Question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Bell Housing Question
From: "David Mrozinski" <djmrozinski@home.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:34:30 -0400
Just got done pulling the engine and trans as one unit from my 74 MG Midget.
When I pulled the engine, I noticed a small hole at the base of the clutch
bell housing.  There apprears to be a cotter pin hanging out of the hole.
It doesnt seem to be holding anything and moves freely.

Is this an indication of something broke???  I have been looking through the
books I have and I cant see anything that would explain it.

Any thoughts.  Help for this new MG owner/restorer would be appreciated.

Dave