'74 MGB front suspension

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '74 MGB front suspension
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:34:30 EDT
Greetings All,

I have finished partial rebuild of front end on the 1974 MGB. New springs,
shocks, lower control arms, and all bushings. Did not replace kingpin
assemblies. Used shorter springs to drop ride height down to stock level
since I believe that a PO put a RB front end on the CB car, due to accident
repair.

The problem is that the left wheel is splayed out at the top, a lot. The
right side has normal camber. I'm not sure what could cause this. Does anyone
have a suggestion?

Also, repair manuals list no torque specs for the upper and lower trunion
bolts or for the nuts that attach the control arms to the pivot. Helpful
ideas are appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Eric Markley
emjaxfl@aol.com