Re: Wire wheels ( was WW conversion)

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Wire wheels ( was WW conversion)
From: "Thomas Pokrefke" <pokrefke@mstar2.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 08:39:43 -0500
My wire wheels are such a pain in the a$$ that I would consider switching
from WW to DW.  My most recent excitement involved 3 flat tires (my fault, I
did some off-roading).  I made it home before they ran flat, but was faced
with the task of replacing the innertube without the benfit of tire irons
(how come no one sells those locally?).

Can you say 11/16 combination wrench, large Craftsman screwdriver, and a
jack handle?  Not an accomplishment I wish to repeat...

Long story short, I took the B to work Friday, and while "keeping up with
the traffic" (the lane that was doing 85-95 mph), I was pleased to find out
that the annoying shimmy/vibration had disappeared.

Thomas Pokrefke
1970 MGB
If you're in Chicago, it's the red MGB with the Union Jack boot lid.