Re: Rover woes [not so long]

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rover woes [not so long]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:19:43 -0700
Thanks for that additional info, Kai --  you make a compelling argument.
Lola indeed adds credibility to this project. A few small points, and
I'll retire my end of this thread, and we can both look forward to seeing
what happens.

 - TVR and Marcos don't sell cars in the US. At this low level of
production, they can't afford to meet US requirements. Morgan can only
because they never change their design. We don't want a new MG at this
level of production, because we will never get to see one.

- How many low-production supercars are available for sale in the US? It
seems to me to be more likely than not that an "exotic" MG/Lola would not
be imported. Again, see the examples of the Porsche 959, Jaguar XJ220,
Bugatti, Lotus, various German "tuner" cars, and Japanese supercars; vs
the few exotics that are available (Ferraris, Diablo, Acura).

- I, personally, have almost completely lost my interest in "supercars".
Having realized that I will never be able to afford one, I find the auto
magazines' fascination with these impractical and unattainable devices
increasingly juvenile and tedious. Obviously, not everyone shares this
opinion, YMMV, etc... (I suppose this may be the first step toward
codgerdom). Don't let me spoil your enthusiasm!

Cheers,
Max

--

Max Heim