Re: Rover woes [minor correction]

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rover woes [minor correction]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:40:59 -0700
Hmm, someone mentioned that car with the "historic" plates earlier... I
guess it was you. Sounds pretty fishy to me -- like someone made an
"arrangement" with Cousin Vinnie. Or just stuck the plates from his TD on
it so as to drive it to the show instead of trailering it. I mean, a car
can't be New Jersey legal and Federally illegal -- and R&T used the Elise
as an example of a desirable but non-Federalized car in their recent
article on the import gray market. OK, well, I guess you could import it
then, according to the article -- if you paid to have it brought up to
smog regs and paid to wreck an example for crashworthiness certification.
You'd have to want one really badly, though... But how the hell would it
be considered a historic vehicle?

Dan DiBiase had this to say: