Re: Plugs

To: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: Plugs
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:33:30 -0500
  That's what I thought you said!  All this means is that it's running
rich!  The oil on the plug threads is probably coming from a leaking
valve cover gasket.  The oil runs down the side of the head and pools in
the plug depressions.  Then as you unscrew the plug some of the oil
coats the threads, the rest runs into the combustion chamber thru the
plug openings.  Next time you fire it up, it'll puff a bit of blue smoke
as it burns off the oil that ran into it.  If you had ring probs the
ends of the plugs would be oily.  Quit worrying and have the carbs
adjusted or repaired as necessary.  Then go drive the thing and have
fun! (G)

  CR