RE: (Hans) Fuel pump - ultimate solution

To: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Subject: RE: (Hans) Fuel pump - ultimate solution
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:49:29 -0400 (EDT)
--WebTV-Mail-31795-870

To me it wouldn't be an MG without the clicks <G>.

It is true the old sparkys were not the best engineering.  But the newer
designs with proper flyback diodes are much better.  And the most recent
units with SS switching are even more reliable.

Aside from the points/switching, even the oldest SU pumps perform quite
well and live long.

But again, who could really enjoy driving an MG without carrying the
requisite on board hammer <G>.

JMHO

Bruce Burrows

'59 MGA basket case