Re: piston rings worn?

To: simon hurley <simonsensis@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: piston rings worn?
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:08:55 -0500
Hi Simon,

  Rebuild huh?  Why?  Did it smoke, run ratty, sumpin' else?

  If you can catch your fingernails in the ridges on the top of the
cylinders, you, at least, need new rings.  So a pass with ridge reamer
is in order.

  I think that what you need more than any other thing is a manual (from
AutoZone, etc.) on rebuilding engines and what to look for.

   Da books are your guide!!

   FWIW,

   CR