Re: RPM=MPG? (Justifying OD)

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: RPM=MPG? (Justifying OD)
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:00:42 -0700
Charles,

More and more, it seems like OD is a sure winner.

As far as vibration goes, it's not like there's a specific vibration
problem, just the general problem when you take a tiny car and run its
engine at 4500 rpm down the highway at 80 mph.  It's not unmanageable, but
over a 90 minute period it starts to get to you.

Put it this way - in my MG, I *know* I'm going 80 (as fun as it is, I'm
still acutely aware of it).  I also have a Saab 9000 with incredible gear
ratios, and with that car I'm often startled to look down and see the
speedo says 87 - I wouldn't know it otherwise.  (And I don't like to go
much over 80 lest a local constabulary might think the less of me).

I think I'ma gonna do it.

(well, I'ma gonna pay someone to do it :)

Thanks for your comments (and thanks to everyone)

- Tab