Re: frozen clutch

To: <emccarroll@mco.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: frozen clutch
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:38:25 -0400
Edwin said:

>No, not the ones Eskimos have when locked in conubial extasy, but those on
the cars.    Every Spring I would find my TD >with the clutch mechanism ,
plate and lining , stuck together.   The solution that always worked was to
line the car up on >an open roadway , put in gear and start it up, gas it
while pumping the clutch pedal.    Never failed to free it.

Couldn't one brace something like a 2x4 against the clutch pedal at the end
of the season, thus keeping the clutch declutched throughout the winter?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite