Re: MGB Exhaust Hangers

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Exhaust Hangers
From: Jon Paulsen <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:00:08 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the input. After crawling under it and
seeing how the hangers work, it's obvious that the
stock type are needed to tuck the exhaust in nice and
snug, and I feel stupid for asking. Unfortunately, it
will have to wait as I have spent my allowance on a
new top and more pressing issues like a water pump and
air cleaner assy. So, meanwhile,
as recommended by one list member, I've tried a
bailing wire to coat hanger conversion... bad advice!
the hanger just melted all over and made a lot of
stinky smoke! Back to bailing wire. Guess they don't
make coat hangers like they used too hehehe :O I'll
get real hangers next order. Most of the original
parts are there.

jon

http://mail.yahoo.com/