Re: Rear shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear shocks
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:57:13 EDT
In a message dated 26/07/00 8:08:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> I need to replace the rear shocks in my 69 MGC Roadster.
>  Which would you suggest?
>
>  1.  Have the lever arm shocks rebuilt along with installing the heavy-duty
>       shock valves.
>  2.  Install the Monroe Tube shock conversion from Moss.
>  3.  Install the SPAX tube shock conversion.

You don't say what you do with the car. If you like slaloming, then any of
the 3 would work. If you are street driver, then #1 without the stiffer
valves woudl probably be fine.

One caveat - don't fit tube shocks if you ever intend to go to a dual exhaust
system - there isn't enough room on a C for both.

Bill S.
69 MGC