RE: horn shock, help! hornpush removal

To: xirias@hol.gr, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: horn shock, help! hornpush removal
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 05:48:36 -0400
Just pull and it should come off - it did so in my '71 BGT.
Perhaps your GT is equipped with a special steering wheel. The default wheel
should be equipped with a central horn push (boss) as mine I gather....
The Hhaynes manual describes it well I think.

Remembers me: looking to the diagram you might see, the push makes a ground
connection.
If the ground connection from the boss to the steering column is not made
properly, you may experience some shocks. Bear in mind the coils in the
horns provide an electromagnetic pulse feedback into the wiring when the
hornpush is activated and/or released....
Check your groundconnection in the column thus.

Cheers

Hans