Re: Hand Brake

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>,
Subject: Re: Hand Brake
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:33:51 +0100
By my reckoning, having to pull it up a bit more on a steeper hill is
normal.  If you can pull it up, and it holds, sounds good to me!  Handbrake
efficiency is reduced if the cable is pulling on the back-plate lever at
other than a right-angle, and this is caused by worn levers as well as
under-adjusted shoes.  Mine have had some weld put in the bottom of the
grooves to correct this wear.

PaulH.