Rust Converters, Was Re: Air Nibbler

To: RO Lindsay <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Rust Converters, Was Re: Air Nibbler
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:48:05 -0500
You have a better background in chemistry than I do, maybe you can answer this
question:

I've seen some products that claim to convert MINOR rust into a weldable
material.
>From my understanding it converts the oxide into some other form of metal
>creating an
alloy. True or do I have it wrong? I was leery of it, so I ended
cutting/grinding/sanding/media blasting the rusty bits away.

Care to educate us non-chemists?

Jeff