Re: One Bummer of an MG Summer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: One Bummer of an MG Summer
From: Alan Claffie <aclaffie@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 05:39:46 -0700 (PDT)
--- Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com> wrote:
> Anyone looking to buy a nice MGB?  With this kind of attitude this
> may be the next car for sale.  For sure someone would like to put it
> to good use.

Why would I want to sell my car? Schedules and other vehicular problems
have conspired to keep my car in storage until this late date, and yes
it may not come out at all this year.

However, that's no reason to sell. I still love MGs and my MGB in
particular, though the things it's done to 'reward' this love leave me
wondering. There's always next year. Why sell the car just so I have to
go out and find another one then?

I'd rather have the car sit in the barn till next spring when I believe
I'll have more time to spend on getting it ship-shape than bringing it
out and throwing band-aids on it so I can get a couple good months out
of it.

Enjoy your car. I'll enjoy mine, though it may not be till next year.
One thing's for sure, though - it's not for sale.

--
Claff
92 Mazda MX3 GS (4 seasons transportation)

PS the car is not exactly what one would call a "nice MGB" - it looks
purty and is mechanically sound, but structurally it has 'issues'.

http://invites.yahoo.com/