Re: HB to QM

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HB to QM
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:54:53 +0100
Wrong monarch.  She married into the royal family, to the man who became
George VI.  He came to the throne (and she became Queen consort) when his
elder brother abdicated in order to marry Mrs Simpson.  The person we refer
to as 'The Queen Mother' is actually still 'Queen', but is not and never has
been 'Monarch'.  It gives rise to an interesting situation when The Queen
Mother phones Buckingham Palace switchboard and asks to speak to her
daughter.  The operater rings The Queen and announces "Your Majesty, Her
Majesty, Your Majesty".

PaulH.