Themo Switch

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Themo Switch
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:38:16 -0400
Just got back from a great day at the Dayton car meet!
MGB did great except for that pesky fan sensor in the radiator tank.
It blew out a couple of times, pushed it back in and came on home, it
is not a problem unless I was stopped and the car got good and hot.
Got a new rubber to mount it in, pulled it out and the sensor is not
even close to what should be in there, it fits and that is all.
Anyway,  turned the key on and the sensor started smoking to beat the
band and got real black looking, guess the sensor is fried, works,
kicks on the fans etc...  but acts like it is going to burst into
flames.
I  need a new sensor, no problem plenty of them out there, but the
connection that is on the back of the one that is in there, is not
like the ones I saw for sale.  I have two blade type connections  on
the back of the sensor and the original one has a plug in.  In the
catalog it shows to kinds of sensors and one picture appears to have
the blade connectors and one does not.  Asked around and the only ones
I saw are the ones that takes a plug type connector.
THANKS!
MIKE R
PS the reason the fans quit turning was low coolant in the tank!
Thanks to everyone who passed on the hint!