Re: new copper headgasket

To: <jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new copper headgasket
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:53:01 -0400
I'll be getting into this myself in the near future.
I have a head that was heavily shaved to bring compression up to near 11:1
on a race car
This head has been totally reworked with all the unleaded upgrades including
nice snap cap  valve seals.   Obviously I can't use it as is. I will be
purchasing a copper gasket to suite my needs of comp. reduction.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE WEB SITE THAT SPECIALIZES IN THESE GASKETS?
(too many saved links to find it right now)

You can do all the normal calculations to figure compression.
Then just re-insert the values for the different thickness gasket volumes
and recalculate.
Even though you don't know the absolute numbers for your present motor,
.... you'll end up with a table of reference as
to the effect of the different thickness' on compression.

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com