Re: Questions about non-crossflow Aluminum head

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions about non-crossflow Aluminum head
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:33:22 -0700
Aaah. Are you using the same rocker arm cover? I have heard that the
aftermarket aluminum ones are quieter than the factory steel ones, but
maybe different designs have different acoustical properties (ribbed vs
non-ribbed, for example). Or perhaps the aluminum head just doesn't
absorb as much sound energy in itself.

Andrew B. Lundgren had this to say: