Bronx Cheers to an English migrant?

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Bronx Cheers to an English migrant?
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:45:35 -0700
Hi Charley et al

I am unfamiliar with your Bronx cheer? (anyone care to clarify?)

Anyone who is fairly capable in the UK is regarded as very good, but not
perhaps not a full time wrench. I have met a great many wrenches since
coming to Texas and I am sad to say that working on LBC's seems to be a real
struggle for most of them, so this list and the people on it are the type of
people that are keeping these cars and our hobby alive. I believe that if it
were left to the various retail dealerships to maintain these cars they
would have disappeared a long time ago!

A great many people on this list maintain their own cars and that is very
admirable, but in the same way the small restoration shops are doing a great
job in helping the less capable, or those people that choose not to work on
their own vehicle or certain parts of that vehicle.

In 30 or 40 years time do you think that the current new vehicles of today
will be regarded in the same way as we do our cars today?? I hope so.
Historically this hobby has continued for generations, when I joined the
business we restored pre-WW1 vehicles as these were termed as the enthusiast
vehicles of the time. MG's were still in full production as were Triumphs
etc.

So can and will the hobby progress as time goes by? I think so, but the
legal issues being bandied around by various governments at this moment in
time may well kill a lot of the pleasures we now take for granted.

So without the people of this list, like Charley, and a whole host of others
I could mention, this hobby could well fade away. With these people, and
this forum, we can and will continue.

Gentlemen I salute you one and all.

Regards
John J Black