Re: pulling a steering wheel

To: xirias@hol.gr
Subject: Re: pulling a steering wheel
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:29:13 -0500
I took the column out of my '77 and put it in a vise and then pounded the
backside of the steering wheel with a 16 oz. claw hammer. Eventually the
steering wheel popped off. Of course, I soaked it on PB balster for 48
hours before hand and I got a used steering wheel to replace my battered
and bent one. However, the cheap-O gear puller that I used before I
resorted to brute force was responsible for
most of the bending. Also, I removed my wiper switch before hand and the
turn signal switch was shot, so I didn't care if I battered it to bits.

Hope this helps,

Edwin
'77 MGB

"I'm tryin' to think but nuthin' happens."
-- Curly Howard (the stooge)

Check out The MG Filling Station at:
http://members.fortunecity.com/mowogmg