Re: Problem: fuel-related or ? [long]

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Problem: fuel-related or ? [long]
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:52:20 -0700
Max:

FWIW: Years ago, before emission controls, it was a kids trick to turn of the
ignition of a car while coasting, and then turn it back on.  If it was done
correctly, the engine would give a very loud backfire.  I cannot attest to
exactly what the correct proceedure was, but that is what I understand.
Therefore, I would say that the wire came loose enough to loose ignition,
contacted enough to fire one big load of hot fuel, and the resulting vibration
caused the wire to completely loose contact.

Blake