U-Joint replacement

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: U-Joint replacement
From: DVCameron <dvcameron2@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:32:12 -0400
Yup. Having some fun replacing my u-joints. Thought I would work on the
car and smoke some brisket and port at the same time...both require me
to be around the house for a while.....

Got the propeller shaft off; relatively easy once I figured it out. Now
am trying to remove the rusted old joints a la Bentley. Seems like once
the circlips are removed, the bearing cup has to move out...and cannot
get it to budge. Have tried pushing it out with a few sharp knocks from
the inside, but the angle is enough to make me think I am just jamming
the thing harder in the yoke. Methinks I'll be taking this to a garage
to watch........I'll let you know how it comes out.

Meanwhile, the brisket is doing well, and the pork is about ready for
pulling. Life ain't all that bad.......!

Doug - 73 B, Boston