Re: Road & Track Sing MG's praises

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road & Track Sing MG's praises
From: "Keith Gernert" <kgernert@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:51:12 -0400
On 12 Aug 2000, at 2:16, Tomsaudi@aol.com wrote:

> In the September edition of Road & Track, staff members were asked to write
> about their "pivotal moments" i their automotive lives. Not surprisingly, a
> couple staffers brought up their MG memories, and I thought I'd share them
> with you:

That was the first article I read when my Road & Track arrived.  It was titled
"Open-
Air Memories", with a great subtitle starting "Inspiration is often only a
couple of
windshield-header latches away."

I was glad to see Peter Egan's bit on an MGB, as well.  His recent purchase of
Miata followed some written musings of his about the whole "modern sports car
versus old sports car" debate.  In fact, I believe someone brought that topic
onto the
list here, too.  I think I'd like to have a Miata some day, but for now I'm
loving my
MGB.

Coincidentally, my most recent Auto Week cites:
"The Guinness Book of Records says the Mazda Miata has become the most popular
sports car in history.  Mazda has built 564,00 copies since 1989, topping any
other
sports car in uninterrupted production."

All I know is, way too many of those Miata drivers I see around here are
driving
with the top up.  Even this morning, with mid-70s temperatures, low humidity
for
August, and few clouds in the sky, I passed one with the top up.  What a waste.
told my wife that I see this so often, I should make up a little placard to
keep with
me when I drive.  I'll just flash them my sign when I go by:  "Put the top
down!"

Boy, that changed topics fast, didn't it?  Anyway, the R&T piece was indeed
good
reading.  Thanks for bringing it up here.

--
Keith Gernert
79 MGB