Compression questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Compression questions
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:55:55 +0200
Thanks for all help so far.
I have to ask more simple questions.

As some of you remember, to much was shaved of my cylinder head. The result
is pinking, even after a professional rolling road tune up. I use  98
lead-free fuel.

The measured pressure is 13 bar, which I think is 188.5 pund force/ square
inch

The block has been rebored, the pistons was some special, 'don't remember
the name', to get the compression a bit lower. I have had the c-head
examined, and it is in very_good shape, except that to much is milled off.

I have been thinking about a thicker copper gasket.
Phil Bates , and others said that they have had problems with them

I can get the 'Payen gaskets, advised by several.
Barney Gaylord said that if I use two payen gaskets, I will increase the
combustion chamber by 5 CC.

Paul Tegler said :
You can do all the normal calculations to figure compression.
Then just re-insert the values for the different thickness gasket volumes
and recalculate.

How / where ?
I have tried http://www.turbofast.com.au/TFcomp.html, but I do not have all
info

I can buy a new head, but that is expensive.

( BTW if, I mean IF, i buy a new stage II head, I will have to remove some
from the block so that the valves does not touch the block. Please say yes,
please say that a stage II head is not smart, please stop me )

Jon Arikstad
1970 MGB GT