MGB project

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB project
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:02:22 -0400
   I have a chance to aquire a 1980 MGB that has had significant body work
done before being abandoned (donated to her church) after spending 7k over
four years on her car. The car is one owner (they got divorced) with only
52 on the clock. The engine has a Weber conversion with an Allison
ignition. New sheet metal includes ALL FOUR fenders (wings), complete sills
(done very well also). boot lid, and all floors. It needs a new top, has
not run in four to eight years. all trim parts are in boxes and appear in
good condition. the interior is in great shape other than having four years
of body shop dust on the whole car. It needs a strip of metal welded onto
the bottom of both doors and then paint and reassembly. I have made an
offer for 2k that I should get in two weeks. I figure on spending 500-1k to
fix up, I do have not checked to see if the engine spins but I am pretty
sure it will start with minimal work. Thoughts?? opinions?? Warnings??

Carl W. French
67B