Re: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts

To: "J&E" <ebk@buffnet.net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:25:21 -0700
One hole, then look in one of the Carroll Smith books, there are about 3 or
4 that discuss safety wiring, for the particulars on size, champhering the
hole, and the proper patterns for the safety wire, finishing touches, etc.
There are other sources, but if you are at all serious about performance
modifications, racing, etc. Smith is the most articulate and detail oriented
of all the authors I've read, and speaks to issues that are pertinent to
every racer. He is much more detailed and specific than Paul Van Valkenburg,
in my opinion, additionally he is an amusing read.  I've met him, spoken
with him, and seen a lot of his work over the years and he is the real deal.

Mike Singleton

> > Yes, you drill across the flats. The hole size is very small, I don't
have
> > the spec in front of me right now, but the head is still the strongest
part
> > of the bolt. Everybody does it, including NASA, F1, and me.  -Michael
Singleton