Re: Radiator replacement help

To: jmc987@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiator replacement help
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:12:54 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/00 10:20:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmc987@earthlink.net writes:

<< I'm going to remove and replace my leaky old radiator this weekend with a
 new unit and shroud. Any tips, suggestions or things you can offer a
 mechanic with 10 thumbs before he dives into this job? Thanks in advance. >>

It's an easy job in almost any car.  Just make sure you open the heater valve
BEFORE you drain the coolant.  And don't close it until after the job is done
and you have circulated the coolant by warming the engine fully.  That way,
you won't trap air in the system.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget