Re: 70 MGB no start after complete rebuild UPDATE

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 MGB no start after complete rebuild UPDATE
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:26:37 GMT
Paul,

I don't know if the other message went through so forgive me if this is a
double post.

Yes, I am referring to the o-rings.  I like the idea of blowing through the
vent pipe, that will be my first step.  I have been looking for a way to
test the jet passage after assembly!

You mention the float bowl level.  Is the level in the bowl an exact science
(when rebuilding the carbs my floats were not leaking and seemed to be at
the correct height).  I know there is fuel in there.  Could it be that the
level is too low?  The pump stops once it is full everytime.  Could the fuel
be below the level where it is effectively sucked out?

Dereck
70 B
(on the digest)

PS I enjoy your web site and visit often!  I might have to take a road trip
up and visit sometime, but only if I am driving the B ;)