Re: Your age vs. Your Babys age [LBC related - No Tech]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your age vs. Your Babys age [LBC related - No Tech]
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 17:31:17 -0700
I'm 16 years older than my '78B - I don't consider it to be old (it's sort
of timeless).

I vaguely remember my father having a Triumph, but after I got my MG we
talked at it turns out that he actually (at various times) owned an MG
midget, an Austin Healey, a MG Magnette, a couple of Triumphs, etc., not to
mention the other things he used to buy (Fiats, Citroens, Saabs, etc) -
pretty daring for the time, considering we lived in New England.  So maybe
it's in the blood.

I have some key memories from ages 13, 16, etc. that involved MGs and
always wanted one.  I had to wait until I was 36 to get one, but get one I
did.  I didn't want a car that was significantly older than I was, because
it wouldn't have any special memories for me.  The '78 is, of course,
younger, but I always liked the look of the rubber-bumbered B's (I know
some would disagree, but that's another thread).

- Tab